Read below for some basic info.
- The base fee for one recording session is $10 (this fee covers the beginning of the session itself as well as the first hour- after the first hour, the fee is $8 per hour).
- You must book/schedule your session at least 5 days prior to your intended day of recording (this is put in place so we can both make sure our schedules are open for a session). Booking your session includes the date as well asyour intended time period (e.g.
"Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm").
- Try to arrive at least 5 minutes ahead of your scheduled recording time.
- If you’re using beats off of YouTube/SoundCloud, EITHER EMAIL OR TEXT ME THE LINKS TO THEM AHEAD OF TIME!!! THIS CANNOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH! SOMETIMES CERTAIN TRACKS FROM SOUNDCLOUD CAN’T BE DOWNLOADED BECAUSE OF COPYRIGHT REASONS AND IT’S EASIER IF I CAN DOWNLOAD THE BEATS BEFORE YOUR SESSION STARTS SO THAT DOESN’T FEED INTO YOUR TIME!
- Take your fucking shoes off before you step in the booth.
- Please understand that mixing takes time. If your intent is to record a song and release it on the same night, it’s automatically $10 extra on top of whatever you already owe me.
- Bring your money to the studio to pay on the day of the session! If scheduled 2 hours of studio time you and record for 2 hours, then I expect 2 hours worth of money. I will not send out songs until I’ve received complete payment for them. I also will not do another session with you until you’ve paid all that you owe for your previously unpaid session.
- Once we’ve finished the tracking portion of your song, you must sit down to listen to the song in order to find if there are any mistakes you’d like to fix, as well as to guide me in the direction of any kind of “effects” you want done on a certain part of the song. This is because sometimes people come and record and leave and then when I send them their mixes, they realize that they want something to be fixed, but a lot of the time these corrections can’t be simply fixed by anything in my power by editing, so you would have to come back and re-record that portion of your song.
- I do have my own beats, but these are not for free. You can purchase them at an agreeable price (prices vary). i do not make trap beats I Do Not Make Trap Beats I DO NOT MAKE TRAP BEATS. Check my SoundCloud to familiarize yourself with the types of beats I usually produced if you’re even the slightest bit interested in getting a beat from me.
Read below for some answers to some questions that you might have.
- Can you record me for free?
Can I? Yes. Will I? No.
- Why not?! :(
It may not seem like it, but I’m providing a service for you. I’m using my time, equipment, and knowledge of recording in order to provide you with something. In return, I expect to be compensated for it. Plus, I’m barely charging more than minimum wage.
- But your recordings aren’t even top-notch quality! >:(
I completely understand this. However, for the rates I’m charging, you’re getting a bargain compared to going to a professional studio. You can’t expect me to work for free. Also, if you’ve heard anything I’ve recorded, you know damn well it’s better than all these kids recording vocals off of their iPhones with the Voice Memo app and trying to “mix” their tracks in Audacity or Mixcraft.
- Okay, okay, I get it…. but can I at least get a discount?
- Why no shoes in the booth?
Just. Don’t. Do. It.
- Hey, what if I book 3 hours of recording but I only take up 2 hours or not the full 3 hours?
For this example, if you scheduled 3 hours, but only used exactly 2 hours, then you’ll pay the initial $10 and then the $8 for the next hour. However, if you go past the 30 minute mark of the final hour, then you pay the full price. The reasoning behind this is that since you’ve scheduled your recording time, I had to clear my schedule in order to make sure that I could record you for your whole session.
- What if I’m not done recording and I wanna stay longer than my scheduled session?
If you wanna stay longer than your scheduled time (whether it’s because you scheduled a certain amount of time that was actually too short and you wanna keep on working on your songs or for whatever reason), then the hourly charge goes up to $10 per hour. If you don’t stay an extra full hour, then we’ll have to discuss in person and determine a fair pricing together.
- Can I bring other people along?
If they’re features on your song, sure. If they’re just here to hang out, then I’d appreciate if they did not come (unless I know them well). This is because I’d rather not have a large amount of people coming to the studio, and also because I don’t really have a lot of accommodations to entertain any guests, as the recording process can be long and guests may get bored from sitting around waiting for you.
- Can I get a feature from Lul Kwak?!
Any more questions? If you’re even reading this at all, you’ve probably already contacted me either through a text, phone call, or email, so hit me up through one of those and I’ll answer them. Thanks for reading. (If you’re viewing this on a computer, I’m very sorry about the layout. It looks the way I intended it to be when you’re on mobile.)